Great gift for coffee lovers! We thought this product was very stylish when we first saw it and then we researched "pour over". Wow! While you can simply make a great tasting cup of coffee with this set, if you were feeling a little adventurous you could try the traditional pour over method. Either way, this product will work!
Includes a ceramic pour over, drip tray, and ceramic 12 oz. coffee cup. We use 3 1/4" paper coffee filters.
This product ships directly from the manufacturer. Please allow an additional 2-3 days for delivery.
Want to try the traditional pour over method? We're not baristas but through our research:
- Heat tea kettle of water to approximately 206° Fahrenheit (gooseneck tea kettle is best)
- Place pour over on top of coffee cup
- Place empty filter into pour over
- Wet filter to rinse away particles in paper filter and minimize papery taste
- Empty water from coffee cup
- Add medium-ground coffee, evenly distributed
- Add small amount of water to center of coffee grounds to bloom (there should be little to no water dripping through at this point)
- After about 30-45 seconds begin pouring water, starting in center and working outward in expanding circles (do not extend all the way to the edge)
- Pour for about 20 seconds, then wait 30-40 seconds. Repeat.
- After about 3-4 minutes, you're done!
- Place pour over onto drip tray and enjoy your cup of coffee!
Here are some links to Food & Wine articles about brewing coffee:
Brewing the Perfect Cup of Coffee - Food & Wine
Brief Summary of Different Types of Coffee Beans - Food & Wine
Explanation of Extraction for a Great Cup of Coffee - Food & Wine
Like videos better? Try out these: